We are currently in an age where more people are interested in gaining access to knowledge and information. Academic success and achievements are very crucial in today’s world. Almost everyone wants to build a career and make a name for themselves by studying hard and gaining knowledge. Over the years, several educational institutions have been set up all across the country.
But getting admission in the top institutes is not everyone’s cup of tea. Therefore, many students choose to pursue distance learning. It is the perfect academic solution for anyone who wants to learn and gather information without the traditional structure of educational institutions.
Best Universities for Distance Education
It will not be a surprise if someone is studying under a distance learning university nowadays. They offer better flexibility and modern tools and system of education. Therefore, many students prefer them. If you are planning to get into one such university, then have a look at our list, which includes the top distance learning education universities in India.
- IGNOU – IGNOU is the abbreviation for Indira Gandhi National Open University. It has been named in honour of former Prime Minister of India- Late. Smt. Indira Gandhi. Termed as the “People’s University”, the institute has always focused on the learner’s centric approach. IGNOU was established in a year or 1985 and has since then provided the best distance education facilities to the students across the subcontinent. You will be delighted to know that IGNOU is the world’s largest university. The university offers 338 programs for the students through over 3,500+ courses. The university has more than 4 million students studying different courses under its certification.
- Sikkim Manipal University – a very popular open university in India is SMU and is a prestigious member of the Association of Indian University (AIU). The University was established in the year 1995 and offers quality distance education to the students. SMU offers students with brilliant benefits like top-notch infrastructure, faculty and also scholarships to many. Different courses like the Management, Journalism & Mass Communication, Banking & Finance, Information Technology, etc. are some of the most popular. All the courses are approved by the University Grants Commission and Distance Education Council.
- Symbiosis Centre For Distance Learning – SCDL was established in 2001 and provides quality distance learning to the students in India and abroad. The university offers top-class facilities and benefits to the students, which include Web-based support services, Interactive e-Learning modules, E-Mentoring, under the guidance of expert faculty. The University also allows the students to appear for online examinations and assignments. As a result, the structure becomes more flexible. SCDL institute offers several postgraduate degrees, diplomas, and certificate courses in different streams. So you can choose your desired subject easily.
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University – the YCMOU was established with the special law of the state legislature in the year of 1989. The university is situated at Nasik and has complete jurisdiction of Maharashtra. There 8 regional centres in these cities – Amaravati, Aurangabad, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Mumbai, Kolhapur and Pune. There are more than 200+ diverse courses and programs offered which can be pursued in either English, Hindi or Marathi. With more than 4 lakh students under its name, almost 1 lakh students also apply for higher studies. It is one of the Top Distance Learning Education institutes in Maharashtra where you can apply.
- Madhya Pradesh Bhoj University – MPBOU is a popular distance learning centre in the state of Madhya Pradesh. In the honour of King Bhoj, the University has been named to remember his patronage towards excellence in learning. The University has a diverse campus with highly qualified faculty and trained staff members. The university has the School of Basic Science, Health Science, Management, Institute of Information Technology, Department of Multimedia Education, Special Education and Electronic Media Production & Research Center, and the LLM Faculty. They have an affordable fee structure which allows the students to study here without any financial stress.
- Dr B.R. Ambedkar Open University – BRAOU in Hyderabad was previously known as the Andhra Pradesh Open University and located in Hyderabad. It was established under the act of Andhra Pradesh State Legislature in August 1982. The university currently has around 152 study centres all over the state of Andhra Pradesh and is one of the best distance learning universities. The university follows different methodologies like self-learning print material, supported by audio, video lessons and regular broadcast of lessons.
So here are the top distance learning education universities in India where you can get admission. All these universities have been accredited by several and prestigious councils and educational panels.
All of them offer a diverse range of different courses which you can pursue. Make sure to visit their official website to know more information about the university’s admission procedure, eligibility, and other details.
image source- rojgarsamacharblog.com