The Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) will soon release the advisory schedule for the allocation of round seats. Online registration for CSAB 2021 is expected to start in the third week of October 2021. Full details regarding CSAB 2021 advice can be found below.
What is CSAB?
The Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB), formerly known as the Central Advisory Board (CCB), has been formed by the Government of India to coordinate admission to UG’s degree programs in Engineering, Technology and Architecture at NIT, IIEST, IIIT and GFTI. Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) is not a participating institute of CSAB.
Through CSAB, candidates can apply for vacancies in UG courses offered by participating institutes. Those Candidates who have already participated in the JoSAA or have not registered for JoSAA counseling are eligible to participate in the CSAB.
CSAB 2021 Special Rounds: Important Dates
Students can check the dates for CSAB 2021 for private advisory tours which can be found below:
|CSAB 2021 Events||CSAB 2021 Dates (Tentative)|
|Availability of application form||3rdOct week 2021|
|Domicile & category certificate verification by state centres||3rdOct week 2021|
|Choice filling||To be notified|
|Round 1 – Seat Allotment||To be notified|
|Reporting for Round 1 allotment||To be notified|
|Round 2 – Seat Allotment||To be notified|
|Reporting for Round 2 allotment||To be notified|
|Seat withdrawal||To be notified|
|Spot round by state centres||To be notified|
|Reporting at admitted institutes||To be notified|
CSAB Consulting 2021: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing in CSAB 2021 Special Rounds Counselling can check the eligibility criteria below:
- Rule 1: Candidates who have not registered for JoSAA counseling but are eligible based on their primary JEE ranking can register for the CSAB Special Course.
- Rule 2: Candidates who have registered with the JoSAA and have been assigned a seat in any of Courses 1 to 6 are eligible to participate in the CSAB Special Round.
- Rule 3: Candidates who have registered with the JoSAA and are not assigned a seat in any of Rounds 1 through 6 are eligible for the CSAB Special Course.
- Rule 4: Candidates who have accepted the seat and paid the partial admission fee through the JoSAA may also participate in the CSAB.
- Rule 5: Candidates who choose not to participate in the “Skip the Special Round” at the time of reporting are not eligible for CSAB.
Registration for CSAB 2021 for the special round
Candidates will be required to make new registrations for CSAB Consultation 2021. Entries made for JoSAA Consultation 2021 will not be considered for CSAB Special Tours. The CSAB 2021 online registration process for private tours can be found below:
- Step 1: Visit the official CSAB website: csab.nic.in
- Step 2: Enter your JEE Master Roll number and other details required to register. Update some details like eligibility status, gender, nationality and category.
- Step 3: Upload the scanned copy of the documents listed below
- Step 4: Pay the participation or processing fee and confirm your registration.
At the time of registration, candidates must enter bank account details like name in bank account, bank name, account number and IFSC code for any refund from CSAB.
CSAB 2021 Special Round: Documents to Upload
Before registering for the CSAB 2021 Special Rounds, all candidates must be ready with a scanned copy of the following documents. The documents listed below must be uploaded at the time of registration.
- Class 10 Certificate
- Class 12 certificate
- Class Certification (Applicable to ST, SC, OBC-NCL, Gen-EWS)
- Certificate of Persons with Disabilities (if any)
- State Eligibility Certificate (applicable to candidates who have passed Chapter 12 from outside India)
- Candidates with disabilities must upload an affidavit
Note: In the case of the OBC-NCL/EWS category, the certificate must be issued as of April 1, 2021.
CSAB 2021 Registration Fee
The registration fee for participation in the CSAB 2021 Special Counseling Round is as follows
|Candidate Type||Fee for General/ EWS/ OBC-NCL||Fee for SC/ ST/ PwD|
|Candidate who did not register for JoSAA/ registered but did not get a seat/ got a seat in JoSAA and did not pay the seat acceptance fee||Rs 37,000||Rs 17,000|
|Fee for candidates whose last allocated a seat in JoSAA was an IIT||Rs 37,000||Rs 17,000|
|Fee for candidates who were allocated a seat in NIT/ IIIT/ GFTI in JoSAA paid the seat acceptance fee and opted to participate in a special round||Rs 2,000||Rs 2,000|
|Fee for candidates who were allocated a seat in NIT/ IIIT/ GFTI under SC/ ST category paid the seat acceptance fee but withdrawn/ cancelled the seat||Rs 2,000||Rs 2,000|
|Fee for candidates who were allocated a seat in NITs/ IIITs/ GFTIs in JoSAA and paid the seat acceptance fee but did not accept the seat/ cancelled/ surrender/ withdrawn (Seat acceptance paid by candidates in JoSAA shall be adjusted in the special round||Rs 2,000||Rs 2,000|
Choice filling the CSAB Selection 2021
After online registration, candidates will be required to complete the NIT/IIIT/GFTI engineering branch selections and institutes based on the available vacancies. Vacancy data after JoSAA Round 6 was posted on the CSAB portal on November 16, 2021. Options filled by candidates during JoSAA consultations are not accepted, candidates will have to fill in new options for consultation for CSAB Rounds 2021. There is no limit on the number of options made Filled in by candidates. After completing the options, candidates will need to “save” and “lock” the seat assignment result options to be processed.
CSAB 2021 Seat Allotment
After the elections are completed, CSAB will conduct two special advisory rounds. After each round, the Board will announce the result of seat assignments. After checking the seat assignment result, candidates will accept the seat assignment, pay the seat acceptance fee and confirm admission. And candidates who want to participate in Special Round 2 can choose Slide. Details of the seat admission fee are provided below:
CSAB 2021 Seat Acceptance & Reporting Process
The admission process and seat report can be consulted below. To accept the seat, you must choose one of the following options
- Freeze – If the candidate is satisfied with the sitting assignment and does not want to participate in the second round, then the “Freeze” option is the one to choose.
- Slide: If the candidate is looking for a better study assignment within the same institute, “Slide” is the option of choice. In such cases, the assigned seat will be accepted and canceled only if the candidate gets a better assignment.
- Float – If the candidate is looking for a better secondary task, “Float” is the choice of choice. . In such cases, the assigned seat will be accepted and canceled only if the candidate gets a better assignment in the second round.