IBPS Clerk 2019 Notification: Exam Details
The Institute of Banking Personnel (IBPS) Clerk is one of the most important competitive exams through which one can work with various Centralized Banks.
IBPS has released the official notification for IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2019. This is for the 12,000+ vacancies of the job.
Fee Payment for the IBPS Clerk 2019 Application:
The whole registration process is done online on the website: https://ibps.in/. But the application fees can be paid through both online and offline modes. The Fees for Application for the candidates of SC, ST, PWD or EXSM categories is Rs. 100/- while for other candidates, the application fee is Rs. 600/-. The Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming under the creamy layer are required to select their category as General.
- The date for applying for IBPS Clerk 2019 is 17th September 2019 onwards on the official website of IBPS.
- The last date to fill the Application form for IBPS Clerk is 9th October 2019.
- The dates for the IBPS Clerk Prelims examination were released along with the official notification. The prelims exam for IBPS Clerk 2019 will be held on 7th December, 8th December, 14th December and 21st December 2019. The exams will be held in multiple shifts.
- There will also be a pre-exam training scheduled from 25th November to 30th November 2019
- The IBPS Clerk Mains Examination will be held on 19th January 2020.
The Candidates can download their Admit cards for the prelims exams 15 days before the examination.
The following documents are required for applying:
- A copy of the Application Form
- Birth Certificate or 10th mark sheet( as proof of birth)
- Adhaar card or voter Id card (as Identity proof)
- Graduation mark sheet
- Income and asset certificate (for EWS category)
For other information, visit the official IBPS website
The eligibility criteria for the IBPS Clerk is as follows:
- The minimum education qualification required for this post is graduation from a recognized university.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 20years and the maximum age should be 28 years, as per the official notification. There is also age relaxation for some categories such as SC, ST or OBC, etc. Check the website to know the age relaxation terms.
- The nationality of the Candidate is the first eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled:
– He/she is a citizen of India
– He/she is a subject of Nepal or Bhutan
– He/she is a Tibetan Refugee seeking Permanent residence in India
Other eligibility criteria also include Computer literacy. The candidates should have basic knowledge of how to operate the computer. The candidate should also be proficient in the local language of the state they are applying to. To know the other eligibility requirements, check out the official website of IBPS.
The Preliminary Examination pattern 2019:
- English Language
No. Of questions: 30
Maximum marks: 30
- Reasoning Ability
No of questions: 35
Maximum marks: 35
- Numerical Ability
No of questions: 35
Maximum marks: 35
The total marks are 100. The candidate will get 20 minutes for each section of the exam. There will be negative marking of 0.25 or one-fourth mark will be deducted for each wrong answer as a penalty.
IBPS Clerk Preliminary Examination Syllabus:
- English Language section
- Para jumbles
- Cloze test
- Error Correction
- Error Detection
- Reasoning Ability section
- Sitting Arrangement/Puzzles
- Alphanumeric/ Number Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Numerical Ability section
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Quadratic Equations
- Quantity Based Questions
- Data Sufficiency
The preparation for the Mains examination will get easier as the syllabus for mains is quite similar to the prelims exam’s syllabus. The mains exam will include Financial awareness, General Awareness as well as Computer Aptitude along with the Prelim syllabus.
Good study material is available everywhere. The preparation for the exam can be done within two months. The difficulty level is not that tough for the prelims exam but the mains exam is difficult.
Selection Procedure for IBPS Clerk 2019:
The selection procedure of the IBPS Clerk is a Three-stage Process. The following are the three stages:
- Preliminary Examination
This is only the qualifying exams and the marks of the prelims exam will not be counted for the final selections. Clearing this exam is a requirement to move to the next stage of the selection
- Mains Examination
The marks of the Mains Exam will be counted for final selections and hence each mark matters. The candidates with a better score will be the selection for the next and the last stage of the selection process
- Language exam
The shortlisted candidates will be undergoing a language test. This is because proficiency of the local language is required to qualify for the IBPS Clerk exam.
The basic salary of IBPS Clerk ranges from Rs. 11,000 to Rs. 32,000. Along with this, other allowances are also provided.
The IBPS Clerk 2019 is eligible for the following listed Centralized Banks of India that will be participating in the recruitment:
- Allahabad Bank
- Canara Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- UCO Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Corporation Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- United Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
IBPS Clerk 2019 Results:
The results of the Exam will be released by December 2019 or January 2020. Keep checking for further details.
image source-Career Power