The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), is India’s first railway university, established with the aim of providing education in the field of transport. The university has started the admission procedure for the academic year 2019-2020. NRTI is a deemed university and was founded in the year 2018. The university is situated out of Vadodara, Gujarat. This university has two undergraduate courses designed for the future aspirants, which includes B.B.A in Transportation Management and B.Sc in Transportation Technology. All candidates who have studied 10+2 with Mathematics are eligible to apply for the BBA course. As for the B.Sc course, all candidates, particularly from the Science stream, who have studied 10+2 with Mathematics, are eligible to apply.
Apart from the above eligibility criteria, there is also a minimum eligibility criterion that all candidates must abide by. It states that the interested candidates must have a minimum of 55% marks (50% for OBC/SC/ST) in the Class 12th board results and as of August 1, 2019, the candidate must be below 25 years of age.
The entrance test is scheduled to be conducted on June 30, 2019, and only after clearing this test, will be allowed admission to NRTI. The entrance exam will be held at 25 locations all across India. Candidates will have to fill the online application form at nrti.edu.in and pay the registration fees for the examination.
June 15, 2019, is the last date to apply for these courses at NRTI. The selection is based on the test result ranks of the entrance exam.
NRTI began its operations in 2018 with its first academic batch (2018-2019) consisting of 100 undergraduate students. The Institute facilitates project-based learning at railway establishments and integrates 21st-century skills like critical thinking, communication, and collaboration.
NRTI Admission 2020 Application Form:
Here are some steps related to the NRTU/NRTI Admission 2020- Application form details:
- You can collect the application form through the online website.
- All you have to do is go to the website, www.nrti.in.and click on the admission tab.
- After clicking the tab, select “Register Now”.
- Now enter personal and educational details.
- Once the information is entered, press the “submit” button.
NRTU 2020- Eligibility Criteria:
- All candidates who have studied 10+2 with Mathematics are eligible to apply for the BBA course.
- As for the B.Sc course, all candidates, particularly from the Science stream, who have studied 10+2 with Mathematics, are eligible to apply.
- Apart from the above eligibility criteria, there is also a minimum eligibility criterion that all candidates must abide by. It states that the interested candidates must have a minimum of 55% marks (50% for OBC/SC/ST) in the Class 12th board results and as of August 1, 2019, the candidate must be below 25 years of age.
It will be an online examination where a candidate has to solve 100 questions. The questions will appear in the following pattern:
- 25 questions- Quantitative and Numerical Ability
- 25 questions- English proficiency
- 30 questions- Reasoning and General Intelligence
- 20 questions- General Awareness
- Time duration – 90 minutes.
- 1 mark for every correct answer and deduction of 0.33 marks for every incorrect answer.
- The question paper will appear in the English language only.
NRTU 2020 Syllabus:
- Applied Grammar, Contextual Usage, Error recognition, and Reading Comprehension
- Numerical reasoning, Verbal Reasoning and Critical Thinking.
- Algebra, Arithmetic, Data Interpretation and Number System
- Sports, Geography, General Science, Culture & Arts, and Current affairs.
Collect your admit card from the official website. It is mandatory to carry the admit cart to the examination hall along with a Photostat copy of the same. Keep the admit card safely until the examination is over.
Result & Cut-off Marks:
The result will be declared on official university website and candidates who appear in the aptitude test will gather their result from the same site. A merit list will be prepared and results are completely based on the result obtained in NRTI Admission Aptitude Test.
The counseling will take place post the announcement of the results. Counseling will be conducted in the University Campus, Vadodara. The selected candidates need to appear in the first round of counseling which will take place in August. Carry the below-mentioned documents for counseling:
- Class XII passing certificate
- Class X passing certificate
- Class X mark sheet or matriculation certificate
- Class XII mark sheet
- Printout of counseling and admission email
- Six recent colored passport size photographs in formal dress.
- Medical certificate
- One Govt. approved photo ID such as Voter ID/ PAN card/ Driving License/Aadhaar card
- Migration certificate
- Transfer certificate or School leaving certificate.
image source- nair.indianrailways.gov.in