Getting SAP certification is the best way to make your mark in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) industry. Currently, SAP dominates the business cloud software industry with more than 200 million users. Its central ecosystem can run many business processes. And every process in a SAP environment requires constant training, as the modules are updated.
For greater convenience and overall reliability, companies require partners, SAP certified professionals, and professionals to update their product knowledge based on the latest modules. Let us see which SAP certification matches your eligibility and the many professionals that prepare you for any cloud-based business.
SAP Certificates | levels
There are more than 150 SAP certifications available for industry-specific solutions in different categories in nine different languages. There are three levels that unite a professional’s competency through SAP training.
- Associate Certification – This is the foundation level that introduces you fully to SAP solutions. Anyone who wants to learn SAP and wants to make his/her career in this should start at this level.
- Specialist Certification – This SAP certification focuses on one component of the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. The SAP Specialist certification can also be obtained by candidates who wish to learn a specific role in the SAP environment.
- Professional Certification – In this certification, the candidate must have knowledge of multiple SAP tools and practical experience in using them.
Top SAP Certifications and Their Benefits
Activate the project manager for SAP | Certification Level: Associate
SAP Activate is essentially an agile methodology implemented in S/4HANA in the cloud or on premises. By gaining all the basic knowledge of SAP Activate with this SAP Certificate, you will learn how to implement it in SAP S/4HANA Version 4 which is 1809.
In the SAP Activate methodology, you will understand workflows such as integration, project management, and application design, and how they are related. This SAP certification also helps you create and implement project roadmaps with powerful technologies.
Benefits of this SAP certificate– This SAP certification demonstrates your competency in the key areas of project management.
- Business relationships
- Managing stakeholders internally and externally
- Familiarity with change management
- Project Execution Management
- Quality Management
SAP Activate Project Manager test details– This test includes 80 multiple-choice questions that must be completed in 180 minutes. The final percentage for this SAP certification is 65%. Additionally, the document comes in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Russian, depending on your preference.
SAP Certified Application Assistant: Reporting, Modeling, & Data Acquisition with SAP BW/4HANA 2.x | Certificate level: Associate
SAP BW / 4HANA is the updated version of SAP BW that provides flexibility in data management. With this SAP certification, you will learn how to analyze data in SAP BusinessObjects Lumira and other business intelligence tools.
In addition to learning all the basics of this version of SAP, you’ll learn how to use the built-in tool, BW Query Design, to store data. You will also learn the new Layered Scalable Architecture (LSA++) and the various objects used in data modeling, including InfoObjects, InfoProviders, etc.
Benefits of this SAP certificate– With a SAP entry-level certification, you have the following advantages in your career.
- Develop all essential skills and techniques to guide the entire project team.
- All the basics of storing data in a SAP environment will be clear to you. You will understand the central workflow in
- SAP Analytics Cloud and have clarity on the desired outcomes of the project.
- Maintaining consistency in the data would be an added benefit.
SAP Certified Application Assistant in Reporting, Modeling & Data Acquisition with SAP BW/4HANA 2.x Test Details– This SAP certification exam contains 80 questions with a duration of 180 minutes. The qualification mark is 64% and you can choose to take the test in English, German or Japanese.
SAP Certified Application Professional – Finance in SAP S/4HANA for Financial Experts in SAP ERP | Certification Level: Professional
SAP S/4HANA Finance is the enhanced version of SAP ERP Financials. It has a much faster reporting speed (about 1,800 times) than its predecessor.
By now, those who are experienced with SAP ERP Financials should know how to migrate data from the previous version to the new version. This SAP certificate is for them. This is to help them understand the architectural and functional differences and prepare the migration steps.
This professional level SAP certification allows you to get started with the sixth edition of SAP, SAP S/4HANA 2020.
Topics broadly cover customer and supplier data sync, master data setup, and more. Also, SAP S/4HANA Finance is a very convenient financial management solution due to Universal Journal. Previously, Financial Accounting (FI) and Controlling (CO) were two separate components of SAP ERP Financials. Universal Journal incorporates these various components. You will learn how to analyze these components that are integrated into the new SAP solution.
At the same time, you will develop a deep understanding of financial solutions using the latest SAP UX technology, SAP Fiori.
Benefits of this SAP certificate
- Setup and convert any project from SAP ERP to SAP S/4HANA.
- Become a certified Supervisor to independently implement finance related projects in SAP S/4HANA.
Eligibility for this SAP certification– A minimum of 5 years experience implementing financial accounting and management accounting is required for this SAP certification.
SAP Certified Application Professional – Finance in SAP S/4HANA SAP ERP Finance Expert Details on Exam– The cut-off for this qualification is 60%. You will have to answer 80 questions in 180 minutes and the languages it can appear in are English, German and Spanish.
SAP Certified Product Support Specialist – SAP Commerce | Certification Level: Specialist
This SAP certification requires your working experience with SAP Commerce Cloud. The version you will be working on is SAP Commerce v1811. This updated version offers better productivity tools that help provide faster solutions to customers.
As an SAP certified professional in this field, you will know how to troubleshoot different databases and clusters. The certification qualifies you to integrate other SAP products with SAP Commerce Cloud.
Benefits of this SAP certificate
- You will have excellent knowledge to help your customers configure systems and any other product inquiries within SAP Commerce Cloud in a short period of time. This will facilitate a satisfactory customer experience.
- It will help you to improve system performance on your own.
Eligibility for this SAP certification– To take this test, you must meet any of the qualifications required.
- P_C4HCD_1811 (SAP Certified Development Professional – SAP Commerce Cloud 1811 Developer)
- P_C4HCD_1905 (SAP Certified Development Specialist – SAP Commerce Cloud 1905) Developer
Certified SAP Product Support Professional – SAP Commercial Test Details– The test includes 40 questions that you must complete in 90 minutes. The language available for this exam is English and the maximum pass rate is 50.
All eligibility requirements for different SAP certificates
There are no as such specific requirements for SAP Associate Level Certifications. Applicants must be graduates only (BTech, B.Sc or B.Com graduates may benefit more) or hold a master’s degree. However, computer knowledge will be essential. For the professional and specialist level, you will need to have some experience in the SAP environment. Check out SAP courses.
SAP Certification Benefits
There are many benefits when you have a SAP certificate. Here is a list of some of the biggest benefits that you can get when getting certified:
- Work – we all hope to get a good job in a reputable company. SAP certification can make that dream come true, with vast job opportunities for qualified SAP professionals.
- Salary – It is not a myth that certification gives one a chance of getting a better salary package as compared to a non-certified person. With a certification from SAP, you can have an above average package.
- Reputation – Getting certification is one way to solidify your skills. As an SAP certified professional, your reputation in the industry is etched and you will receive a certain sense of respect from your colleagues and employers. This will also motivate them to become certified professionals; Strengthening the talent pool in the organization.
- Promotion: Stuck in the same position? With SAP certification, there is a good chance that your career game has changed and you can do better. The result is that management will take notice, increasing your chances of getting a promotion.
Get relevant SAP certification to boost your career
From banks, retailers and organizations to consumer products and automotive companies, everyone needs this integrated suite to work efficiently in the cloud. Employers advertise their jobs saying “SAP Certification” is an advantage. So get one and boost your chances.