VMOU ONE VIEW
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University or VMOU (formerly known as Kota Open University) is a nationwide open university. VMOU was established in 1987 and is recognized by the Government of Rajasthan and UGC. It is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). VMOU is headquartered in Kota and its operational mandate spans all of Rajasthan with study centers in various cities across the state. VMOU Kota offers 24 UG, PG, PhD, Certificate and Diploma programs in various fields at its designated study centers in the fields of Science, Management, Informatics, Humanities, Language, Literature, Commerce, Education, etc. The university has the right to award its own certificates and take its own exams i.e. VMOU B.Ed Entrance Exam (for B.Ed admission) and VMOU MET (for MBA and MCA admission).
Highlights of VMOU 2021
The highlights of Vardhman Mahaveer Open University are detailed below:
|Institute type||State-level open university|
|Institute location||Kota, Rajasthan|
|Recognised by||University Grants Commission|
|Approved by||Government of Rajasthan|
|Accepted entrance |
|– B.Ed: VMOU B.Ed Entrance Exam- MBA:|
VMOUT MET/ CAT/ MAT/
CMAT- MCA: VMOU MET
|Number of schools||5|
|Total No. courses||76|
|Mode of education||Distance education|
VMOU Admission 2021
VMOU’s admission to all of its programs (except B.Ed and MBA) is primarily based on the candidate’s total attainment in a previous qualification/examination. The Open University of Kota also offers side entry admission for the second and third semesters into some of its UG programmes. A full 5% relaxation filter is allowed for SC/ST/PwD candidates. VMOU 2021 submission process for all online programs. Candidates can apply online through the university’s admission portal. VMOU application fee is 100 rupees for all courses. However, for MBA/MCA entrance exams, candidates have to pay Rs 1,000.
VMOU Admission 2021: New Admission (Open for July session)
VMOU requests for its July session have been extended through November 9. See details here. Here are more admission updates for college courses:
- For admission to MCA and MBA programs, VMOU MET applications are extended until November 8. The entrance examination will be held on November 14. See the official notice. This year, VMOU will accept MET scores from VMOU for admission to the MCA (previously awarded on merit).
- Stay tuned to this page for live updates on VMOU 2021 admission. The table below lists the courses that are currently accepted. See all fees for accepted courses and entrance exams in the following table:
|Course||Course Fee||Selection Criteria|
|B.Ed (ADMISSION OPEN)||Rs 53,760||VMOU B.Ed Entrance Exam|
|BA (ADMISSION OPEN)||Rs 13,000- Rs 15,000||Merit-based|
|BSC (ADMISSION OPEN)||Rs 13,000||Merit-based|
|MCA (ADMISSION OPEN)||Rs 46,750||VMOU MET|
|MA (ADMISSION OPEN)||Rs 4,700- Rs 6,700||Merit-based|
|MSc (ADMISSION OPEN)||Rs 6000- Rs 12,000||Merit-based|
|MBA (ADMISSION OPEN)||Rs 29,200||VMOU MET/CAT/MAT/CMAT|
VMOU Admission Dates 2021
The VMOU intake cycle is scheduled below:
|Admission||JAN. Cycle||July Cycle|
|Admission season||November- February||May-August|
|Last date to apply||—||9-November-2021|
VMOU 2021 application process
The operation of the VMOU application is available in online mode. Candidates who wish to apply for admission must visit the official website of the university to complete the application form and pay the application fee. VMOU application fee is 100 rupees for all courses. However, for MBA/MCA entrance exams, candidates have to pay Rs 1,000. The application process for Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University is detailed below:
The above steps to complete the VMOU 2021 application form are described in detail below:
- Step 1: Visit the official VMOU website (www.vmou.ac.in). On your home page, click OK.
- Step 2: Also, click on Apply Now to proceed with the application form in online mode.
- Step 3: Read the receipt instructions carefully and accept the statement. Click “I accept” to continue filling out the application form.
- Step 4: Go to the first page of VMOU 2021 application form with address details including name, contact address, nationality, gender, guardian details, mobile phone number, mail e-ID, etc. Hit the “Save and Next” button once you are done.
- Step 5: Also, fill in all the Academic Scores details from class 10 to the last eligible title/test.
- Step 6: Upload all required documents in PDF format. Also, upload a recent passport size photo in JPG/JPEG format (up to 50KB).
- Step 7: Review the completed application form and accept the statement. Click Submit to proceed to the final step of the VMOU 2021 application process.
- Step 8: Conclude the application process by paying the full course fee through the SBI payment gateway using debit card/credit card/net banking.
List of required documents:
Candidates must submit scanned copies of the documents listed below while completing the online application form for admission into VMOU 2021:
- Passport size photo
- Class 10 mark sheet / age declaration certificate
- Certified copies of eligibility documents (embedded PDF format)