WBSEDCL Through GATE – 2022 – West Bengal Electricity Distribution Corporation Limited (WBSEDCL) is a government company. From the West Bengal Project. WBSEDCL is a major energy company in West Bengal that is engaged in hydrogenation and electricity distribution. WBSEDCL provide high quality energy and customer service with an annual revenue of over 18 billion rupees.
WBSETCL currently performs three distinct functional roles stipulated in the Electricity Act 2003:
(1) State Transport Service Provider (STU)
(2) Licensee to Transfer (TL)
(3) Government Goods Dispatch Center (SLDC).
Name of the organization: West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (WBSEDCL)
Type: Public Sector Company
WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE
|Posts||Assistant Engineer (Electrical)|
Assistant Engineer (Civil),
|Vacancies||To be announced|
Important Dates for WBSEDCL Through GATE 2022
|Application form for WBSEDCL|
Recruitment available from
|to be notified|
|Last date for WBSEDCL |
|To be notified|
|Last date for receipt of|
application with challan
|To be notified|
|Gate Admit Card||3 Jan 200|
|Gate Exam Date||5, 6, 12 and 13, |
|Gate Result 2022||March 17, 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for WBSEDCL Recruitment Through GATE 2021
General Eligibility Criteria
|Qualifications||As given in table below. Lateral Entry |
students are eligible for applying
to the recruitment.
|Age Limit||Minimum 18 years and maximum|
27 years for General Category
OBC candidates: Relaxation by 3 years
SC/ST candidates: Relaxation by 5 years
PwD candidates: Relaxation by 10 years
|Final Year |
|Are eligible but must submit all |
documents on the date of
interview if shortlisted.
How to Apply for WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE?
Step 1 – Registration: Candidates must register by entering the following data:
- Candidate’s name
- Post Name
- Choose a rating
- Select the country of residence
- Whether he is physically handicapped
- Phone No.
- Email Address
- Graduation status
- Registration number GATE 2022
After successful registration, candidates will be directed to the application portal. The application number and password will also be sent to your registered email ID. They have to click on the link provided to validate their email ID.
Important: Candidates must download their Echallan within 3 hours of registration, otherwise it will be deactivated.
Second Step: Download E-challan and pay the application fee
- Candidates have to pay the fee first, as the details must be entered in the application form.
- Only UR/OBC candidates are required to pay the application fee of Rs 400. Exempt SC/ST/PH candidates belonging to West Bengal do not have to pay a fee.
- Candidates must click on Download Echallan and print it on A4 size paper.
- The fees listed in the table below must be deposited at any branch of the United Bank of India.
- The bank will charge an additional service fee in addition to the application fee.
- After payment, candidates should ensure that the Bank Transaction ID and SOL ID are mentioned at the checkout along with the stamp and signature of the bank official.
- Candidates will receive two copies of Echallan: one must be kept by the candidates and the other must be sent with the application form to the WBSEDCL office.
WBSEDCL Recruitment Application Fee 2021
|UR Candidates||₹ 400|
|OBC Candidates||₹ 400|
|SC/ST Candidates||₹ 400|
|PWD Candidates||₹ 400|
Third Step: Fill out the application form
- Bank charges details:
- Transaction ID
- Bank ID
- Deposit date
- Personal data: candidate’s name, nationality, parental data, date of birth, etc.
- Email address
- Upload photo and signature:
Submit the application form
- Candidates must sign the printed copy of the application form.
- They should paste a recent color copy into the space provided.
- Self-copies of the following documents must be attached:
- Proof of age certificate (history/equivalency certificate or admission card)
- Academic certificates: report and certificate
- Caste certificate, if any
- Certificate of persons with disabilities, if any
- If you are an employee without an objection certificate (originally)
- Copy of / challan . bank
They should send the application together with the above-mentioned documents by regular mail only to the address indicated below.
Original registration slip with required copy of CHALLAN by WBSEDCL and all credentials must be duly self-certified. The name of the job requested should be placed on the top of the sealed envelope.