What is recruitment?
Recruitment, a core function of Human Resource Management (HRM), is a process that involves hiring the most qualified and employable candidate for any given job profile.
The entire recruitment process starts with identifying the recruitment requirements, selecting candidates, shortlisting the most suitable candidates, hiring the best candidate and filling the vacant positions in any organization. The recruitment process usually includes both external and internal recruitment (vertical and horizontal movement of existing employees).
Why is Recruitment important?
- Recruitment speeds up the hiring process and brings in the best talent for a position in any organization. This increases efficiency and consistency in the company to improve profits.
- The recruitment process is transparent. Candidates are updated if selected for a relevant role.
- A good hiring team is responsible for writing relevant job descriptions that break down primary and secondary roles. This helps candidates determine whether or not they are suitable for the position.
Also Read, Most Popular Programming Languages for Data Science
List of important topics
- Time to Fill (TTF) – The period allotted for searching and hiring a new application. Calculates the time required for a recruit and is a measure of performance.
- Source of Hiring (SoH) – This metric calculates the percentage of hires from different recruitment channels. Select the best channel for recruitment.
- Application Tracking System (ATS) – This is a software for recruitment purposes. With it, companies can organize information based on the candidate’s level of experience.
- Candidate management – It refers to the approach, pre-selection and scheduling of interviews with candidates through various channels.
- Incorporation process – It means integrating the employee in the company with its culture and environment.
- Attrition in the first year – It’s another employment metric. Calculate the number of employees who left the company during the first year of employment.
- Offer Acceptance Rate – This employment metric measures the number of candidates who accept the offer to join a company compared to those who are offered but do not.
How to start a career in recruitment?
Starting a career in employment is not a difficult task if you have the right skills and interest in pursuing it as a full-time career. Most candidates who want to start a career in recruitment get a bachelor’s degree and then a master’s degree in any discipline (business, human resource management, management, etc.). Even engineers take a master’s course in human resource management and apply for jobs in recruitment.
Also Read, 4 Jobs in Indian Army Requirement 2021
For the most part, recruiters prefer candidates who have a background and experience in human resources or a related field. Some hiring managers also give preference to qualified applicants for professional training and certification.
Recruitment professionals are also within the realm of talent management. Talent management refers to a business strategy that includes the strategic use of human resource planning to help organizations develop an effective talent pool.
Talent management is an important part of human resource management and its strategies are often linked with business strategies to obtain maximum benefits.
Talent management professionals typically begin their careers as recent graduates, MBA graduates, or human resources executives. With the help of a degree in Human Resource Management or experience, one can move into a high-level employment profile such as HR Manager, HR Business Partner or Head of HR.
When searching for a job as a recruiter in technology, information technology, and manufacturing companies, some employers place more importance on candidates who have a technical or related background or have previous work experience in related fields.
Best courses for excel in recruitment
- Recruitment and retention strategies in a universal class
- Human Resources: Recruitment and Selection at Open Learn
- Recruitment: Talent Acquisition and Hiring (Version 2) on Udemy
- Recruit, hire, and prepare employees on Coursera
- Diploma in Human Resources (HR) from Alison
Recruiters can come from a variety of backgrounds and need experience in recruiting the best talent for an organization.
NIFT Entrance Exam 2022 Result Declared: Check Here.
Scorecard of CEED 2022 results will be declared on March 12
NEET PG Counseling 2021: Registration end Today : Important Details